Check your external speakers for a power switch as well as a volume adjustment knob. If required, switch on the speakers and adjust the volume on the speakers as needed. On your Mac, go to the Apple menu System Preferences, then select Sound, and then click Output to see the options. It may be necessary to unplug the speakers and then plug them back in again if they are not working properly.
- If the volume control on your Mac does not function properly, whether through the keyboard, the slider in the menu bar, or System Preferences, it is possible that it has become’stuck’ on silent. The most typical incidence of this problem is on Macs that were manufactured prior to 2015 and have digital audio output capabilities built into the headphone connector.
- 1 How do I get the volume to work on my Mac?
- 2 How do I reset the Sound on my Mac?
- 3 Why is the volume on my Mac locked?
- 4 Why has my sound stopped working?
- 5 Why are my internal speakers not working Mac?
- 6 How do I unmute my Mac?
- 7 Why is my MacBook Air speaker so quiet?
- 8 Why is my speaker so quiet?
- 9 How do I fix the volume button on my Mac?
- 10 Why is the sound on my laptop not working?
- 11 Why can’t I hear anything on my laptop?
- 12 How do I get the sound back on my laptop?
How do I get the volume to work on my Mac?
Make sure your sound settings are correct.
- System Preferences may be accessed using the Apple menu. Pick Sound from the drop-down menu. Then select the built-in speakers from the Output tab. If the Output volume slider is set to a low value, shift the slider to the right and do another test. The Mute checkbox should be deselected prior to running the tests again.
How do I reset the Sound on my Mac?
By selecting Restart from the Apple menu, you may restart your Mac, which may allow you to reset your settings and simply resolve the issue. In order to reset your core audio, do the following:
- Start by opening the Terminal and entering the following command: sudo killall coreaudiod. then just hit Provide (you may be required to enter your administrator password as well).
Why is the volume on my Mac locked?
Look in the Sound control panel, which can be found under the Apple menu in System Preferences. Check that the Input is set to microphone and the Output is set to Internal Speakers before continuing. Open the Audio MIDI setup program, which may be found in the Utilities section in the Applications folder. Make certain that the Built-in Output option is selected.
Why has my sound stopped working?
In the bottom-right corner of your screen, there is a sound symbol that you may right-click on. Once the window has been opened, select Open Sound Settings from the drop-down menu. In the Sound Settings box, select Sound Control Panel from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, if the sound is not working, right click on the default audio device again, this time selecting Properties from the menu.
Why are my internal speakers not working Mac?
System Preferences should be checked: Open System Preferences and select Sound from the drop-down menu. Select Internal Speakers from the Output option on the left-hand side of the screen. Make sure that the Mute button next to Output Volume is not turned off (there should be no tick in the checkbox). It is necessary to ensure that the Output Volume slider is set to the right.
How do I unmute my Mac?
How to Mute the Volume on a MacBook
- To muffle all system sounds, press and hold the “Mute” key once. The “Volume Down” key must be pressed and held down until the mute sign appears, or it can be pressed and released repeatedly until the mute symbol appears. To restore the sound volume of the MacBook, press the “Mute” key a second time.
Why is my MacBook Air speaker so quiet?
To muffle all system sounds, press the “Mute” key once. You may either press and hold the “Volume Down” key until the “Mute” icon displays, or just press and release this key repeatedly until you achieve mute state. To restore the sound volume of the MacBook, press the “Mute” key once more.
Why is my speaker so quiet?
The Root Causes of Volume Issues on Android Devices There are a variety of factors that might create troubles with Android phone speakers, including: Your phone is attached to another device that plays sound through the use of Bluetooth. An application is operating in the background that has the ability to regulate the volume of the entire system. There is an issue with the speakers or headphones’ hardware.
Command (Command), Option (Option), P, and R are the keys to look for on the keyboard. Start your Mac by pressing the power button. When you hear the starting sound, instantly press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys on your keyboard. If the computer does not restart after you hear the starting sound a second time, press and hold the following keys:
Why is the sound on my laptop not working?
The Windows audio troubleshooter can assist you in automatically resolving audio issues on your laptop. This may be accomplished by selecting Troubleshoot from the Start Settings System Sound drop-down menu. Alternatively, put audio troubleshooter into the search box on the taskbar, click Fix, and then find and fix any issues with the sound playing, before moving on to the next step.
Why can’t I hear anything on my laptop?
To check if the sound is muted or turned down, go to the system menu and choose “Sound Settings.” Try tapping the mute key or switch on your laptop’s keyboard to see whether it unmutes the sound. If it does, you’ve successfully unmuted the sound. To access the Sound panel, choose it from the drop-down menu. Make sure that your program is not muted by looking in the Volume Levels section.
How do I get the sound back on my laptop?
What to Do If Your Laptop Isn’t Playing Any Music
- Replace or update your drivers.
- Repair your speakers.
- Install or update your BIOS.
- Install or update your drivers.
- Install or update your drivers.