On your Mac, go to the Apple menu System Preferences, then select Sound, and then click Output to see the options. If your Mac only has one audio port, open the “Use audio port for” pop-up menu and select Sound Output. Then make sure your external speakers are chosen in the Sound Output drop-down menu. It may be necessary to unplug the speakers and then plug them back in again if they are not working properly.
What should I do if there is no sound on my Mac?
- Select “System Preferences” from the “Apple” menu in the upper-right corner of your screen after clicking on it. To examine a list of devices set to play sound, click the “Sound” icon and then the “Output” tab from the drop-down menu. Make sure the “Internet speakers” check box is not selected and that the “Mute” check box is not selected. If this is the case, the check mark should be removed.
- 1 Why is my sound not working?
- 2 How do I get the volume to work on my Mac?
- 3 How do I reset the sound on my Mac?
- 4 Why is the sound on my laptop not working?
- 5 How do I unmute my Mac?
- 6 How do I fix Sound on my Mac no output devices?
- 7 How do I reinstall my audio driver Mac?
- 8 Why is my MacBook Air speaker so quiet?
Why is my sound not working?
Restart your computer or device. A reboot is frequently sufficient to resolve any software issues that may have caused the sound to be disabled. Hold down the power button for a few seconds until a menu of options appears on the screen. To restart your phone, press the Restart button.
How do I get the volume to work on my Mac?
Make sure your sound settings are correct.
- System Preferences may be accessed using the Apple menu. Pick Sound from the drop-down menu. Then select the built-in speakers from the Output tab. If the Output volume slider is set to a low value, shift the slider to the right and do another test. The Mute checkbox should be deselected prior to running the tests again.
How do I reset the sound on my Mac?
By selecting Restart from the Apple menu, you may restart your Mac, which may allow you to reset your settings and simply resolve the issue. In order to reset your core audio, do the following:
- Start by opening the Terminal and entering the following command: sudo killall coreaudiod. then just hit Provide (you may be required to enter your administrator password as well).
Why is the sound on my laptop not working?
The Windows audio troubleshooter can assist you in automatically resolving audio issues on your laptop. This may be accomplished by selecting Troubleshoot from the Start Settings System Sound drop-down menu. Alternatively, put audio troubleshooter into the search box on the taskbar, click Fix, and then find and fix any issues with the sound playing, before moving on to the next step.
How do I unmute my Mac?
How to Mute the Volume on a MacBook
- To muffle all system sounds, press and hold the “Mute” key once. The “Volume Down” key must be pressed and held down until the mute sign appears, or it can be pressed and released repeatedly until the mute symbol appears. To restore the sound volume of the MacBook, press the “Mute” key a second time.
How do I fix Sound on my Mac no output devices?
To double-check that you have the volume cranked up, do the following:
- Select the System Preferences icon from the dock, and then select the Sound icon. Internal Speakers may be found under the Output tab. Remove your finger from the Output volume slider and make sure the box before Mute is not ticked. Check to see if you can hear anything on your Mac.
How do I reinstall my audio driver Mac?
The following are the steps to replace your sound drivers:
- Boot your Mac into the Windows operating system. Device Manager should be opened. If you’re using Windows XP, you may perform the following: a. Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Double-click the audio device. Navigate to the Driver tab. To uninstall, click the Uninstall button. Windows should be restarted if it is prompted. Insert the Mac OS installation disk into your computer.
Why is my MacBook Air speaker so quiet?
The most typical causes of your MacBook speakers being too quiet include incorrect volume settings, weak hardware connections, programs overriding your settings, older operating systems versions, or the sound driver may need to be rebooted, among other things.