Check your external speakers for a power switch as well as a volume adjustment knob. If required, switch on the speakers and adjust the volume on the speakers as needed. On your Mac, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, then select Sound, and finally click Output to access the settings. It may be necessary to unplug the speakers and then plug them back in again if they are not working properly.
What should I do if there is no sound on my Mac?
- Select “System Preferences” from the “Apple” menu in the upper-right corner of your screen after clicking on it. To examine a list of devices set to play sound, click the “Sound” icon and then the “Output” tab from the drop-down menu. Make sure the “Internet speakers” check box is not selected and that the “Mute” check box is not selected. If this is the case, the check mark should be removed.
Why has my sound stopped working?
In the bottom-right corner of your screen, there is a sound symbol that you may right-click on. Once the window has been opened, select Open Sound Settings from the drop-down menu. In the Sound Settings box, select Sound Control Panel from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, if the sound is not working, right click on the default audio device again, this time selecting Properties from the menu.
How do I fix no sound on my computer?
Inspect the sound to ensure that it is not muffled. Verify whether the program has a Mute or Volume button in the top-right corner of its main window. In addition, the Applications tab in the Sound GUI contains the following information: Start typing Sound in the Activities overview after the window has been opened. To access the Sound panel, choose it from the drop-down menu.
How do I reset the sound on my Mac?
By selecting Restart from the Apple menu, you may restart your Mac, which may allow you to reset your settings and simply resolve the issue. In order to reset your core audio, do the following:
- Start by opening the Terminal and entering the following command: sudo killall coreaudiod. then just hit Provide (you may be required to enter your administrator password as well).
How do I get the sound back on my laptop?
What to Do If Your Laptop Isn’t Playing Any Music
- Replace or update your drivers.
- Repair your speakers.
- Install or update your BIOS.
- Install or update your drivers.
- Install or update your drivers.
How do I restore my volume?
You may access the Control Panel by selecting “Control Panel” from the Windows “Start” menu. If you do not see the volume icon in your taskbar, click on the “Start” menu and pick “Control Panel.” To access the “Sounds and Audio Devices Properties” window in the “Control Panel” window, double-click on the “Sounds and Audio Devices” icon in the “Control Panel” window.
How do I unmute my Mac?
If you are unable to see the volume icon on your taskbar, go to the Windows “Start” menu and pick “Control Panel.” In the “Control Panel” window, double-click on “Sounds and Audio Devices” to bring up the “Sounds and Audio Devices Properties” page.
- To muffle all system sounds, press and hold the “Mute” key once. The “Volume Down” key must be pressed and held down until the mute sign appears, or it can be pressed and released repeatedly until the mute symbol appears. To restore the sound volume of the MacBook, press the “Mute” key a second time.
How do I reinstall my audio driver Mac?
The following are the steps to replace your sound drivers:
- Boot your Mac into the Windows operating system. Device Manager should be opened. If you’re using Windows XP, you may perform the following: a. Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Double-click the audio device. Navigate to the Driver tab. To uninstall, click the Uninstall button. Windows should be restarted if it is prompted. Insert the Mac OS installation disk into your computer.
Why did my laptop speakers stop working?
The inability of laptop speakers to function properly might be caused by a fault with the sound settings or configuration, device drivers, or even a physical flaw in the speakers or electrical wiring. Audio drivers that are corrupt or out of date: If your audio drivers are corrupt or out of date, updating them with the most recent drivers can typically resolve the issue.