You can use your Mac to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, if you have one.
- Connect your device to your Mac.
- In the Finder on your Mac, pick the device in the Finder sidebar.
- In the button bar, select General. To check for updates, select Check for updates from the drop-down menu. To install an available update, select Update from the drop-down menu.
To begin, connect the device to your Mac. ;Open the Finder on your Mac and pick it from the Finder sidebar. ;Click General in the button bar. To check for updates, select Check for updates from the drop-down list. If there is an available update, choose it and then click Install.
- 1) Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer. 2) Select your iPhone from the Finder sidebar on your Mac. Note: In order to back up your iPhone using the Finder, you must have macOS Catalina installed. Earlier versions of macOS required the use of iTunes to back up the iPhone. 3) Select General from the drop-down menu at the top of the Finder window. 4) Choose “Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac” from the drop-down menu. More information may be found at
- 1 How do I update my iPhone on the computer?
- 2 How do I download iPhone software to my Mac?
- 3 How do I update my iPhone from iTunes on my Mac?
- 4 How do I update my iPhone on my laptop without iTunes?
- 5 Why can’t I update my Mac?
- 6 Is my Mac too old to update?
- 7 How do I pair my iPhone to my MacBook?
- 8 How can I update my iPhone 7 to iOS 14?
- 9 How can I update my iPhone 5 to iOS 11?
- 10 How can I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14?
- 11 How can I update my iPhone without backing up my Mac?
- 12 How do I update my Mac?
- 13 How can I update my phone through my laptop?
How do I update my iPhone on the computer?
iTunes on a computer may be used to update software on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Connection to a computer
- In the iTunes application on your computer, click the Device button on the top left of the iTunes window
- Click Summary
- Click Check for Update. To install an available update, select Update from the drop-down menu.
How do I download iPhone software to my Mac?
Customize the automatic updates to your liking.
- Navigate to the General Software Update section of the Settings menu. Select Automatic Updates from the drop-down menu, then select Download iOS Updates. Install iOS Updates should be enabled. Your device will be updated to the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS without your intervention. Manual installation of some updates may be required
How do I update my iPhone from iTunes on my Mac?
Using iTunes, you may update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open iTunes on a Mac running macOS Mojave or older, or on a Windows PC running Windows 10. Connect your gadget to your computer using a USB cable. To access the device button on the iTunes toolbar, click it. Check for updates may be found on the Summary tab.
- Select Download and Update from the drop-down menu. If you are prompted, enter your passcode.
How do I update my iPhone on my laptop without iTunes?
On your iPhone, go to the Settings menu. Select General from the drop-down menu. Then select Software Update from the drop-down menu. It will begin to search for and check for updates, and in most cases, it will display the iOS 15 update. Select Download and install from the drop-down menu.
Why can’t I update my Mac?
The most common cause for your Mac not to update is a lack of available storage space. This update requires 35.5 GB of accessible storage space if you’re updating from macOS Sierra or later; however, if you’re upgrading from an earlier version of the operating system, you’ll need 44.5 GB of available storage space for this update.
Is my Mac too old to update?
This would be compatible with a late 2009 or later MacBook, iMac, or MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, as well as a late 2010 or later Mac mini or Mac Pro, according to Apple. This implies that if your Mac is older than 2012, it will not be able to officially run Catalina or Mojave, according to Apple.
How do I pair my iPhone to my MacBook?
On the iPhone, navigate to Settings > Name > iCloud Sign in > Sign out. On a Mac, choose Apple menu System Preferences iCloud sign in from the Apple menu. Handoff must be enabled on both devices in order to use Continuity. On earlier devices, the following is true: Install iTunes on both the iPhone and the Mac and sync the devices using a cable or Wi-Fi connection.
How can I update my iPhone 7 to iOS 14?
To begin, head to the Settings menu, then to General, and then to Software update. Choose Download and Install from the drop-down menu, and if you are asked for a password, enter the one you use to log into your iPhone. After that, agree to Apple’s terms and conditions, and the download will begin shortly after that.
How can I update my iPhone 5 to iOS 11?
How to Update Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 Using the Settings App on Your Device
- Before you begin, make a backup of your iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes. Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device. Select “General” from the drop-down menu, followed by “Software Update.” Wait for “iOS 11” to show on the screen and then select “Download Install.” Accept the terms and conditions as they are laid out.
How can I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14?
Make a selection from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Settings. Then, scroll down to and pick General. Then, go to and select Software Update. Wait for the search to be completed. It is likely that you will see the following screen if your iPhone is up to date. If your phone’s software is out of date, follow the on-screen instructions.
How can I update my iPhone without backing up my Mac?
Answers that are beneficial
- Apple Music should be closed. Open a Terminal (Applications Utilities Terminal)
- Type or copy the following command: Write com. apple as a default. automaticdevicebackupsdisabled -bool true
- iTunes AutomaticDeviceBackupsDisabled -bool true
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone.
- Make a synchronization without backing up your data.
How do I update my Mac?
Mac users should upgrade to macOS 10.12 El Capitan.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu positioned in the upper-right corner of your screen. In the System Preferences window, select Software Update from the drop-down menu. If the Software Update option is not available in your System Preferences, you can download updates from the App Store. Click on the Update Now or Upgrade Now button:
How can I update my phone through my laptop?
Connect your device to your computer using a USB connection (which is included in the packaging with the device). In the Devices list, right-click on your device and select Update Firmware from the pop-up menu that appears. Follow the on-screen prompts. The update is carried out automatically.