Restart your Mac if necessary. Select Shut Down from the Apple menu, then press and hold the power button until the message “Loading startup choices” shows. Select Options from the drop-down menu, then click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. Select Reinstall for your macOS release from the Recovery program window, then click Continue, then follow the onscreen steps.
What is the procedure for restoring your Mac to its factory settings?
- Instructions on how to restore a MacBook Air to its factory default settings. Look for and pick a recovery option if one is available. This operation will open a menu that contains the option to “Reinstall OS X,” which you should select from the list. This will cause your MacBook Air to connect to the Internet and download any necessary applications before launching a system restoration.
- 1 How do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
- 2 How do I manually restore my Mac?
- 3 How do I restore my Mac and delete everything?
- 4 How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without command r?
- 5 Do Macs have System Restore?
- 6 Does Time Machine restore macOS?
- 7 How do I factory reset my Macbook Pro 2011?
- 8 Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
- 9 Why is my Mac in recovery mode?
- 10 How do I restore my macbook pro to factory settings 2020?
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
How to Reset a Mac or a MacBook to Its Factory Settings (macOS Monterey)
- Select the Apple symbol from the menu bar (located in the top-left corner). Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears. Then click on ‘Erase All Contents and Settings.’ Select ‘OK’ once you have entered your password. Select the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option from the menu bar.
How do I manually restore my Mac?
How to Reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (with Pictures)
- To turn on the Mac, hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. Continue by selecting your preferred language. Select Disk Utility from the drop-down menu and press Continue. Select your starting disk (by default, it is titled Macintosh HD) from the sidebar and press the Erase button.
How do I restore my Mac and delete everything?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it back on while pressing and holding the following four keys at the same time: Option, Command, P, and R. After approximately 20 seconds, release the keys. This will remove all user settings from the computer’s memory and restore any security features that may have been disabled in the previous session.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without command r?
While holding down Command-Option/Alt-R, click the Power button on your keyboard. (On certain Mac keyboards, the Option key is referred to as the Alt key.) Keep those keys pressed until you see a spinning globe and the statement appears “Starting the Internet Recovery process. This might take some time “…..
Do Macs have System Restore?
Unfortunately, unlike its Windows cousin, the Mac operating system does not offer a system restore option. But if you are using Mac OS X with an external disk or an AirPort Time Capsule, a built-in backup function known as Time Machine may be able to assist you in accomplishing your goals.
Does Time Machine restore macOS?
It’s possible that you’re installing a new hard drive, or that your Mac has become utterly unusable, that it’s time to perform a fresh installation of macOS. In the case of a Time Machine backup, this is not necessary: you may completely restore your Mac and have all of your programs and data precisely as they were when you last shut down your computer.
How do I factory reset my Macbook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac and then restart it while pressing and holding the following four keys at the same time: Option, Command, P, and R. After around 20 seconds, you should be able to release the keys. That’s all there is to it!
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
A reboot into the Rescue drive partition (hold Cmd-R when booting) and selecting “Reinstall Mac OS” does not remove anything from your computer. It overwrites all system files already in place, but it keeps all of your files and the majority of your settings.
Why is my Mac in recovery mode?
You’ve entered Mac Recovery Mode because there’s a problem, which most likely indicates a problem with your hard drive. If this is the case, the first thing you should do is use Disk Utility to clean out your hard drive. It is not normally capable of repairing the drive from which your Mac is presently booted, but that is precisely why you have booted into this Recovery HD.
How do I restore my macbook pro to factory settings 2020?
If you haven’t previously done so, factory resetting a Mac that is running Monterey is the quickest and most straightforward method.
- Preserve a current backup of your Mac. Start by going to System Preferences and selecting Erase All Content and Settings from the menu bar. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely delete your Mac.