System Preferences may be accessed via the Apple menu positioned in the upper-right corner of your screen. Erase All Content and Settings may be accessed from the System Preferences menu in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
What is the best way to restore my Mac to its factory settings?
- Reset your Mac’s settings to their factory defaults. Select Restart from the Apple menu by selecting it from the Apple menu icon (). Hold down the Command and R keys at the same time when the Mac restarts until the Mac OS X Utilities window opens. Select Disk Utility from the drop-down menu, and then click Continue. Then, on the left-hand side of the screen, choose your starting disk, and finally click Erase.
- 1 How do you reset all settings on a Mac?
- 2 How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without losing data?
- 3 How do I do a factory reset?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2019?
- 5 How do you wipe a Mac hard drive?
- 6 Does a factory reset delete everything?
- 7 What happens if I reset my Mac?
- 8 Does Mac recovery mode erase data?
- 9 How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- 10 How do I wipe out my laptop?
How do you reset all settings on a Mac?
How to Reset a Mac or a MacBook to Its Factory Settings (macOS Monterey)
- Select the Apple symbol from the menu bar (located in the top-left corner). Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears. Then click on ‘Erase All Contents and Settings.’ Select ‘OK’ once you have entered your password. Select the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option from the menu bar.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without losing data?
Reset your computer’s settings. Maintain simultaneous control of the command button on the keyboard and the R key on the keypad while your computer is restarting and you see a black screen with a white Apple logo. This will launch the Disk Utility window, which will allow you to completely delete all of the information on your hard drive. From this point on, select Disk Utility and then click Continue.
How do I do a factory reset?
Do you want to know how to conduct a factory reset on your Android smartphone?
- 1 Select Settings
- 2 Select General Management
- 3 Select Reset
- 4 Select Factory data reset
- 5 Select RESET
- 6 Select DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting might take some time.
- 1 Go to Apps > Settings > Backup and reset. 2 Go to Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything. 3 Go to Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2019?
How to Reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (with Pictures)
- To turn on the Mac, hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. Continue by selecting your preferred language. Select Disk Utility from the drop-down menu and press Continue. Select your starting disk (by default, it is titled Macintosh HD) from the sidebar and press the Erase button.
How do you wipe a Mac hard drive?
How to Wipe a Mac with an M1 Chip (with Pictures)
- After turning on your Mac, continue to press and hold the power button until the startup choices box appears. When the Utilities window displays, pick Disk Utility from the drop-down menu. Select Macintosh HD from the left-hand menu. When you click the “Erase” option, you will be prompted to choose a file system format and give it a name.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
Upon turning on your Mac, continue pressing and holding the power button until the startup choices box appears. Disk Utility may be found in the Utilities window that displays. Select Macintosh HD from the left-hand sidebar. The “Erase” button should be clicked, followed by the selection of a file system format and the creation of an appropriate file name.
What happens if I reset my Mac?
Because restoring a Mac to its factory settings erases all of the data saved on the computer, we recommend that you create a backup of any important data before proceeding. This is incredibly simple to accomplish using Apple’s Time Machine software – see this article for instructions on how to back up your computer using Time Machine.
Does Mac recovery mode erase data?
A: No, recovery mode on a Mac does not destroy any files or folders. Once you tell it to do anything, it will just sit there and do nothing until you tell it to do something else. In macOS Recovery, you may recover from Time Machine, reinstall macOS, look for help on the internet, repair or delete a hard disk, and perform a variety of other operations.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it back on while pressing and holding these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. This will take a few seconds. After approximately 20 seconds, release the keys. This removes all user settings from memory and restores any security features that may have been compromised as a result of the deletion.
How do I wipe out my laptop?
Remove all of the data from the hard drive, then restart the computer while pressing and holding these key combinations (Option/Command/P/R): Option/Command/P/R. After around 20 seconds, release the keys. This clears the user’s settings from memory and restores some security elements that may have been changed as a result of the hacking attempt.