On a Mac, how do you erase photographs from the Photo application?
- Open the Photos application. Select the photos that you wish to remove from your collection. You may also choose a range of photographs by holding down the Shift key or the Cmd key to select numerous individual photos. To delete a picture, either right-click on it and pick Delete from the drop-down menu, or just hit the Delete key.
What is the best way to permanently erase images off a Mac?
- Open the Photos application on your Mac. Select the photo(s) or video(s) that you wish to remove from your computer. Right-click on a picture or shift-click on a group of images, and then right-click and select Delete* from the context menu. (Alternatively, you may right-click on a picture and hit **delete on your keyboard, or command + delete to bypass the confirmation dialog box entirely.)
- 1 How do I delete Photos from my Mac but keep them in iCloud?
- 2 How do I unlink Photos from my Mac?
- 3 What happens if you turn off iCloud photos?
- 4 Does deleting photos from iPhoto delete from iCloud?
- 5 What happens if I turn off iCloud photos on Mac?
- 6 How do I get my photos back after turning off iCloud?
- 7 How do I clean out my iCloud photos?
How do I delete Photos from my Mac but keep them in iCloud?
On the Mac, go to System Preferences iCloud and click on it. Remove the checkmark from the Photos section. If you are asked if you want to erase images from your Mac, choose Yes. However, the images will not be deleted from the Mac, but will remain on the cloud.
On your Mac, select Apple ID from the Apple menu System Preferences, then click Save. Select iCloud from the drop-down menu, then click Manage. Select Photos from the drop-down menu, then click Turn Off and Delete.
What happens if you turn off iCloud photos?
If you merely switch off iCloud on your iPhone, all of the images stored on your iPhone will remain safe and secure. You may also access your images stored on the linked devices or in iCloud by signing into your account. However, a newly shot photograph will no longer be stored to iCloud as it previously was.
Does deleting photos from iPhoto delete from iCloud?
Normally, your iPhone automatically backs up to your iCloud account, and if you delete images from your iPhone, those photos will be wiped from your iCloud account as well, unless you specify otherwise.
What happens if I turn off iCloud photos on Mac?
Once Photo stream is turned off on a device, it and any photographs stored in it are gone from that device, but they are not erased from the iCloud server. The use of iCloud picture stream by any other devices will not be hampered in any way by this change. You may also delete photos from your picture stream, just like you do from any other folder.
How do I get my photos back after turning off iCloud?
To Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud, navigate to the iCloud web page and sign in with your Apple ID. Select the photographs and videos you want to keep by clicking Photos Recently Deleted. Recover will be activated, and your data will be restored to your iCloud backup.
How do I clean out my iCloud photos?
- Create an account at iCloud.com with your iPhone, iPad, or PC. Select the Photos application. Select the photographs or movies that you wish to remove from your computer. Hit Delete twice more, then tap Delete.