Turn off iMessage and then back on again as a first solution
- On your iPhone, you may do the following: Navigate to Messages under the Settings menu. Toggle off the iMessage feature. Restart it after a few seconds by pressing the power button. On your Mac, you may do the following: Open the Messages app and select Preferences from the drop-down menu. Select Accounts from the drop-down menu. Once you have clicked Sign Out, wait a few seconds and then sign back in.
What is causing iMessage to not work on the Mac?
- Go to the Messages section of Settings and switch off iMessage. Restart your device once you’ve gone into the FaceTime settings and turned off FaceTime. Re-enable iMessage and FaceTime on your device.
- 1 How do I refresh my text messages on my Mac?
- 2 Why are the Messages on my Mac not updating?
- 3 How do I sync iMessage with my Mac?
- 4 Why is my Mac not syncing with my iPhone Messages?
- 5 Why are my text messages not showing up on my Mac?
- 6 Why my iMessage is not working on Mac?
- 7 How do I sync my iPhone and macbook iMessage?
How do I refresh my text messages on my Mac?
Learn how to force iMessage to sync with iCloud on a Mac with this tutorial.
- Messages are now open. Preferences… may be found by selecting Messages from the menu bar. In the box that appears, select the iMessage tab. Sync Now is located to the right of Enable Messages in iCloud. Messages now has a status indicator in the bottom left corner, indicating whether or not there are any messages to sync.
Why are the Messages on my Mac not updating?
In order for Messages not to sync on Mac to work properly, you must first ensure that both the program on your Mac and the iOS device are appropriately configured so that they can sync. Other options include the following: Force Restart both of the devices at the same time. Turn off and then on both smartphones’ Messages applications.
How do I sync iMessage with my Mac?
How to configure Messages in iCloud on a Macintosh computer
- Messages may be accessed from the desktop, dock, or Applications folder.
- Messages can be accessed from the Menu bar by selecting Messages > Preferences > iMessage > iMessage tab. If you want to sync your messages instantly, select Enable Messages on iCloud and then click on the Sync Now option.
Why is my Mac not syncing with my iPhone Messages?
Open Messages on your Mac and choose Messages Preferences iMessages from the drop-down menu. Check to confirm that both devices are logged in with the same Apple ID before proceeding. Go back to the previous screen on your iPhone and check Text Message Forwarding to ensure that your Mac is being used as the destination. If this is the case, choose your Mac from the list and restart your iPhone.
Why are my text messages not showing up on my Mac?
Make sure you’re signed into iCloud on both your Mac and your iPhone with the same Apple ID before continuing. On your iPhone, go to Settings Messages and select Text Messages Forwarding from the drop-down menu. You will see your Mac (or Macs) listed here, with an on/off slider beside each, indicating that they are now active. To enable your Mac to send and receive text messages, slide the slider to the right until it turns green.
Why my iMessage is not working on Mac?
Turn it off, restart your device, and then turn it back on again using the same procedure as before. On a Mac, run the Messages app and then pick Messages Preferences from the menu bar to access the settings. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, click the Enable Messages in iCloud checkbox to turn off the feature. This setting should be turned back on when your Mac has been rebooted.
How do I sync my iPhone and macbook iMessage?
Make sure iMessage is enabled by going to “Messages.” If iMessage is enabled, the words “Send Receive” will show underneath the message. To activate it, tap on it. Make a note of the Apple ID that appears at the top of the screen. To enable Messages in iCloud on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings application. At the top of the list, tap on your Apple ID profile.
- Select iCloud.
- Turn on Messages.