What You Should Know
- After pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds, the MacBook Pro will automatically boot into Recovery Mode. Select Disk Utility > Continue from the drop-down menu. In the left panel, select the starting disk that you want to use. Select Erase from the drop-down menu. Give the drive a name and select a format. Choose GUID Partition Map > Erase from the drop-down menu when prompted.
What is the procedure for factory resetting an Apple Mac?
- Boot your Mac into Recovery Factory mode. It should be reset. Assuming that everything is in working order, you may now reset the MacBook. Press and hold down the Command + R keys together while the Mac is restarting in order to do this. To do so, select the Restart command from the Apple menu. Using Disk Utility, located under the Recovery Menu, select Erase to completely erase the contents of the hard disk.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
How to Reset a Mac or a MacBook to Its Factory Settings (macOS Monterey)
- Select the Apple symbol from the menu bar (located in the top-left corner). Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears. Then click on ‘Erase All Contents and Settings.’ Select ‘OK’ once you have entered your password. Select the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option from the menu bar.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings without command r?
While holding down Command-Option/Alt-R, click the Power button on your keyboard. (On certain Mac keyboards, the Option key is referred to as the Alt key.) Keep those keys pressed until you see a spinning globe and the statement appears “Starting the Internet Recovery process. This might take some time “…..
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac and then restart it while pressing and holding the following four keys at the same time: Option, Command, P, and R. After around 20 seconds, you should be able to release the keys. That’s all there is to it!
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
A reboot into the Rescue drive partition (hold Cmd-R when booting) and selecting “Reinstall Mac OS” does not remove anything from your computer. It overwrites all system files already in place, but it keeps all of your files and the majority of your settings.
How do I reformat my IMAC 2011?
Delete all data from the hard drive:
- Then, from the main menu, choose Disk Utility and press the Continue button. After DU has loaded, pick your starting volume (which is normally the Macintosh HD) from the left-hand menu. Mac OS Extended should be selected as the format type (Journaled.) Optionally, you can click on. Remove yourself from DU and return to the main menu.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2014?
Delete everything from the hard disk.
- Start your MacBook and instantly press and hold the Command-R key. You’ll see a starting screen, which will alter depending on the Mac you’re using. If asked, type in your password if one has been set. However, if you are the sole user of the Mac, you are the only one who has to know the password. Wait for the macOS Utilities window to appear on your screen.