To access the menu bar at the top of your screen on your Mac, select View > Menu Bar. If you don’t see any mirroring choices in the menu bar, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays and check the box next to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.” Select an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the drop-down menu.
What is the best way to mirror a Mac on a television?
- The AirPlay symbol will now show in the menu bar of your iPhone or iPad. After clicking on the AirPlay icon, navigate to the Apple TV that you want to mirror your Mac’s screen to and choose it from the list. A pop-up window will appear on the screen of your Mac, instructing you to input the code that was displayed on your Apple TV. Enter the code that has been displayed and click “OK.”
How do I mirror my MacBook to my Smart TV?
You’ll also need an Apple TV if you want to wirelessly project the screen of your MacBook onto your television.
- Select the AirPlay icon from the menu bar of your MacBook. Choose the Apple TV to which you wish to connect from the drop-down option that appears. To begin showing the screen of your MacBook on your television, select the Apple TV input.
How do I connect my Mac to my TV without Apple TV?
For other smart TVs that are not Apple TV-compatible, you will need to purchase a mirroring app that is specifically built to operate with the TV manufacturer in question. Download the Samsung SmartThing app from the App Store if you have a Samsung television. Get the AirBeamTV app if you have a Sony television.
How do I get my Mac to mirror?
Mirror the display of your Mac’s desktop.
- To access the Control Center, select it from the menu bar. It should be located in the top-right corner of the screen, close to the time and the Siri button. Select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu. You’ll get a list of devices that are available to mirror your screen on your network as soon as you click Mirror Screen. Select the device you wish to use from the dropdown menu.
How do I connect my MacBook Air to my TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
How to link a Mac to a Smart TV without the need of an Apple TV device
- How to link a Mac to a Smart TV without the need of an Apple TV.
How do I connect my Mac to my TV wirelessly with Apple TV?
How to link a Mac to a Smart TV without the need of Apple TV
How do I activate AirPlay?
Check that the AirPlay feature is enabled:
- Check to see that the AirPlay feature is enabled by clicking here: