Choose About This Mac from the Apple menu (located in the upper-right corner of your screen). Then, under Storage, you can check how much space is available for your data to save it on your computer. To manage your account, click the Manage option. Take your pick from the suggestions that are displayed, such as Store in iCloud,* Optimize Storage, and Reduce Clutter.
How can I make my Mac’s storage more efficient?
- Select About This Mac from the menu bar by selecting the Apple ( ) symbol in the menu bar. Click on the Storage tab, then on the Manage button.
- The advice for improving storage will cover a wide range of topics.
- 1 What is the easiest way to clean up storage on a Mac?
- 2 How do I declutter storage on my Mac?
- 3 How do I manage storage on my Mac 2020?
- 4 How do I delete unnecessary files on my Mac?
- 5 How do I delete unnecessary files from my Mac?
- 6 How do I free up disk space?
- 7 How do I increase space on my Mac?
- 8 How do I clear my cache and cookies on my Mac?
- 9 Is it safe to delete all cache files on Mac?
What is the easiest way to clean up storage on a Mac?
How to Manually Clean Your Mac’s Hard Drive
- Clear the cache on your computer. As a web browser troubleshooting advice, you’ve undoubtedly heard the phrase “Remove your cache” before.
- Uninstall programs that you don’t use.
- Clean up unnecessary duplicates. Reduce clutter by emptying the trash can. Delete huge and outdated files to free up space. Delete any previous iOS backups. Delete any Language files.
How do I declutter storage on my Mac?
Other methods of freeing up storage space are available.
- Dispose of unnecessary files manually by transferring them to the Recycle Bin and then emptying the Recycle Bin. Delete any emails that are no longer needed in the Mail app. Connect an external storage device to your Mac, and then transfer files to that drive. (Optional) Reduce the size of files so that they take up less storage space.
How do I manage storage on my Mac 2020?
Simply navigate to the Finder and select the Apple symbol > About this Mac > Storage > Manager from the drop-down menu. Enable the Optimize Storage option to eliminate iTunes movies and series that you have previously viewed from your computer’s hard drive. You may also enable the “Reduce Clutter” feature by selecting it from the menu.
How do I delete unnecessary files on my Mac?
On a Mac, here’s how to clear the system cache:
- Make a selection on your Mac’s desktop or in a Finder window. Click Go in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Option should be held down. When the Library folder is displayed, click on it. Go to the Library > Caches folder on your computer. Cache files and folders should be removed from the Caches folder, whether part or all of them are there.
How do I delete unnecessary files from my Mac?
Move superfluous files to the Trash and then remove them manually by emptying the Trash. Unused music, movies, and other media can be deleted to make room for new content, and items in the Downloads folder can be deleted to make room for new content. In the Mail app, delete any emails that are no longer needed. To erase junk email, click Mail and select Mailbox > Erase Junk Mail from the drop-down menu.
How do I free up disk space?
If you’ve never done it before, here’s how to free up hard disk space on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Clear your desktop of unused applications and programs. Delete any monster files that may have accumulated. Make use of the Disk Cleanup Tool. Delete any temporary files that have been created. Take care of the downloads. Save the file to the cloud.
How do I increase space on my Mac?
What is it that is causing your Mac to run out of disk space?
- How to increase the amount of disk space available on your Mac. Get rid of any huge or outdated files
- Empty the Trash
- Clean out your Downloads folder. Make sure there are no duplicate directories or files. Learn how to make use of Optimized Storage. Uninstall any programs that are no longer in use. Delete all of your screenshots from your desktop.
Cleaning Cache and Cookies in Safari 8.0 – 10.0 (Mac)
- Safari may be found in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. Select Preferences from the drop-down menu that opens. Select the Privacy tab from the drop-down menu that displays. To delete all website data, click on the Remove All Website Data option. In the pop-up box that displays, select the option to Remove Now.
Is it safe to delete all cache files on Mac?
You should clear up all of the browser cache files on your Mac before you start using the computer again. When it comes to the system and user (application) caches, you can remove the cached files that are no longer in use, but you should avoid doing so on a whim. Keep in mind that caches make it possible for items to load faster the next time you need them.