Option, Command, and Esc are all pressed simultaneously at the same time (Escape). Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen, or use the Esc key on your keyboard. For PC users, this is equivalent to hitting Control-Alt-Delete.)
- 1 How do you shut down an unresponsive Mac?
- 2 How do you force a Mac to shut down when frozen?
- 3 How do I force my Mac to turn off without the power button?
- 4 How do you shutdown a Mac with the keyboard?
- 5 How do you restart a frozen Mac without the power button?
- 6 How do I unfreeze my Mac without losing my work?
- 7 Why won’t my MacBook Pro shut down?
- 8 How do I shutdown my macbook air keyboard?
How do you shut down an unresponsive Mac?
Important: If a shutdown is required — for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive — you may force a shutdown by pushing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down automatically. You may lose any changes you have made to an open document if you do not save them.
How do you force a Mac to shut down when frozen?
In the event that a shutdown is required (for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive), you can force a shutdown by pushing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down completely. You may lose any changes you have made to an open document if you do not save them.
If your device does not have a power button, you’ll need to hold down Control and Command while pressing the Eject button or the Touch ID button to turn it on. Keep the button depressed for around 10 seconds, after which your Mac’s screen should go dark and the computer will restart.
How do you shutdown a Mac with the keyboard?
When you want to shut down your Mac, enter the following key combination precisely as shown in the image:
- Command + Option + Control + Eject / Power are the keyboard shortcuts. Sleep may be accessed through a keyboard shortcut. To put your Mac to sleep, hit the following keys together: Command + Option + Eject / Power. To turn off the display, press F4. Eject / Power is accessed by pressing Shift + Control + Eject / Power. Using a keyboard shortcut, restart your Mac.
To force a restart of a frozen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, all that is required is that you hold down the Touch ID button until the device reboots.
How do I unfreeze my Mac without losing my work?
To access the Apple menu, select:
- When you press the keys Cmd+Option+Esc together, a window will appear. After hitting the aforementioned keyboard combination, the Force Quit Applications window should open. Select Microsoft Word from the list and then click on the “Force Quit” button to exit the program. A list of programs will also be shown on the Mac.
Why won’t my MacBook Pro shut down?
Perform both an SMC and an NVRAM reset on your Mac or MacBook if the machine won’t shut down when you use the > Shut Down option from the Apple menu and the only method to shut down the computer is to push the power button on your Mac. This will clear away any issues that are causing the problem.
How do I shutdown my macbook air keyboard?
Use the Control-Option-Command-Power button* or the Control-Option-Command–Media Eject key combination to quit all applications and shut down your Mac.