Also available are keyboard shortcuts for swiftly applying a superscript or subscript to a specified piece of text. To create a superscript, use Control-Shift-Command-Plus Sign (+) on your keyboard. To create a subscript, execute the Control-Command-Minus Sign combination (-).
If you want to apply superscript or subscript to a selection of text rapidly, you can utilize keyboard shortcuts. Control-Shift-Command-Plus Sign (+) is used to create a superscript. Control-Command-Minus Sign is used for subscripting (-).
- To access the subscript icon, which is represented by a capital “A” followed by a subscripted “2,” click on it. Press “Cmd-D” or select “Format” from the drop-down menu to bring up the Character dialog box, where you may enter your subscripting information. Choose Subscript from the Effects drop-down menu in the dialog box that appears.
- 1 How do you do a superscript 2 on a Mac keyboard?
- 2 How do you type a superscript?
- 3 How do you do exponents in Word on a Mac?
- 4 How do you type exponents?
- 5 How do you superscript in Excel on a Mac?
- 6 How do you superscript in Gmail on a Mac?
- 7 How do you superscript in Google Docs on a Mac?
- 8 How do you subscript in Keynote?
- 9 How do you do subscript on Chrome?
- 10 How do you do subscripts in OneNote Mac?
How do you do a superscript 2 on a Mac keyboard?
Alternatively, use the -spacebar to open the character viewer (also known as the Edit menu: Emoji & Symbols). Insert the superscript character as indicated in the image, and then double-click on the specific number (for example, 2) that you wish to be inserted in the current application position (see image).
How do you type a superscript?
Keyboard shortcuts can be used to make text appear slightly above (superscript) or below (subscript) the rest of the text in your document.
- Choose the character that you wish to format from the drop-down menu. To create a superscript, hold down the Ctrl key while pressing Shift and the plus symbol (+). To create a subscript, hold down the Ctrl key and the minus symbol (-) at the same time.
How do you do exponents in Word on a Mac?
Shortcut on the keyboard To begin, type the complete equation or sentence in normal case in the text editor of your choice, such as Word or Pages. Then, using your mouse, choose the piece of the text that has to be converted to an exponent. When you hold down the “Control-Command-Shift-+” keys at the same time, the highlighted text will be converted to superscript text.
How do you type exponents?
To input a caret symbol, hold down the “Shift” and “6” keys at the same time. If you like, you may type two asterisks in a row. Make a note of the exponent.
How do you superscript in Excel on a Mac?
As long as your cursor is hovering above the selected text, you may right-click and pick “Format Cells” from the pop-up menu. When the Format Cells window displays, choose the Font tab from the drop-down menu. Make sure the Superscript checkbox is selected. Returning to your spreadsheet, you should now be able to see the selected text displayed as a superscript value.
How do you superscript in Gmail on a Mac?
Although you may accomplish this using the Font dialog box, there is a far more expedient method. If you want to use superscript, simply use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift++ (hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys while pressing +). To create a subscript, press CTRL + = (press and hold Ctrl while pressing =). Returning to regular text is as simple as pressing the appropriate shortcut key again.
How do you superscript in Google Docs on a Mac?
How to use keyboard keys to write a superscript or subscript in Google Docs
- In Windows, press the Ctrl + key to activate the superscript (Ctrl and the period key). On a Mac, the shortcut is Command +. In Windows, hit the Ctrl +, and then press the Enter key (Ctrl and the comma key). When using a Mac, that’s Command +, (which is Command plus the comma key).
How do you subscript in Keynote?
Characters can be superscripted or subscripted. Choose the characters you wish to boost or reduce in rank. In the Format sidebar, select the Text tab, then click the Style button near the top of the sidebar. From the Baseline pop-up menu, select either Superscript or Subscript from the drop-down menu options.
How do you do subscript on Chrome?
What is the best way to type a subscript on a Chromebook?
- Identify the character you wish to be in subscript form by highlighting it. Click on the “Format” tab in the menu bar above to begin. To access the drop-down menu, select “Text” from the menu bar. Select “Subscript” from the drop-down menu on the right.
How do you do subscripts in OneNote Mac?
OneNote for Mac allows you to format text as superscript and subscript.
- Choosing the text that you wish to format as superscript or subscript is a simple process. Choose one of the following options: Superscript may be found on the Home tab. Alternatively, press + SHIFT + PLUS SIGN. To reverse the formatting, press the button a second time or use the keyboard shortcut once more.