How to remove iMessages from your Mac
- Go to the bottom of any discussion in your Messages app. If you come across a message that you wish to erase, right-click on it and choose Delete…
- To confirm, press the Delete key.
- 1 How do I completely delete iMessage from my Mac?
- 2 Why won’t my Mac let me delete iMessages?
- 3 How do I delete iMessages from my Mac but not my iPhone?
- 4 Where are iMessages stored Mac?
- 5 How do you delete iMessages from Iphone on Mac?
- 6 Does deleting iMessages on Mac delete from iPhone?
- 7 Can I delete Messages from my Mac but not my phone?
- 8 Does deleting a message on iMessage delete it from all devices?
- 9 Where do deleted iMessages go on Mac?
- 10 How do I find iMessage history on Mac?
- 11 How do you go to the first message in iMessage on Mac?
How do I completely delete iMessage from my Mac?
Disable iMessage on your Mac and iPad to prevent spam. On a Mac, this is accomplished using the Messages application. When Messages is open, click on Messages in the menu bar, then Preferences in the drop-down menu. Select the Accounts tab, then your iMessage account from the drop-down menu. Following that, choose the check box next to your phone number to get it removed from the device.
Why won’t my Mac let me delete iMessages?
Instead, give this a go. Open Messages and select Preferences from the drop-down menu. Locate the option to “Save history when conversations are closed” and ensure that it is not checked. Please let us know if this is successful for you.
How do I delete iMessages from my Mac but not my iPhone?
iPhone Messages Cannot Be Deleted Due to iOS Constraints
- On your Mac, launch the Messages program. Select “Preference of Message” from the drop-down menu that appears on the menu tab. When you go to the General settings, you will see a checkbox that says Save history when discussions are closed. Remove the check mark from this option.
Where are iMessages stored Mac?
The Good News Regarding iMessage File Storage Your messages and any attachments, such as images, videos, or other files, are automatically synced and stored in the folders /Library/Messages/Archives and /Library/Messages/Attachments.
How do you delete iMessages from Iphone on Mac?
How to remove texts from your iCloud account
- Select the message bubble or attachment that you wish to remove from a messaging discussion by touching and holding it. More information may be found by using the More button. Tap Trash, then Delete Message to remove the message from your inbox. Tap Erase All in the upper-left corner of the screen to delete all of the messages in the thread you are viewing. Then select Delete Conversation from the drop-down menu.
Does deleting iMessages on Mac delete from iPhone?
Always remember that if you delete something from the Messages app on your Mac, it will be deleted from your iPhone, iPad or any other device that is connected to the same iCloud account. There is also no way to restore a message or discussion once it has been deleted. Once something is gone, it is gone for good.
Can I delete Messages from my Mac but not my phone?
Delete a discussion by typing the following: Select a discussion and then select File Delete Conversation from the drop-down menu. If you utilize Messages in iCloud, removing a discussion on your Mac also deletes the conversation from all of your devices where Messages in iCloud is enabled, including your iPhone and iPad.
Does deleting a message on iMessage delete it from all devices?
A chat can be deleted using the following steps: Make your selection, then select File > Remove Conversation from the drop-down list. If you utilize Messages in iCloud, removing a discussion on your Mac also deletes the chat from all of your devices where Messages in iCloud is enabled, including your iPhone and iPod touch.
Where do deleted iMessages go on Mac?
To restore iMessages from iCloud, follow these steps:
- On your Mac, sign out of iMessage and exit the application. Open the Finder and choose Go from the Finder’s menu bar. Find the location of your library. Discover a [messages] file from an iCloud backup date that is before the date on which the files you are searching for were destroyed. Open this messages folder, and then click on the restore button.
How do I find iMessage history on Mac?
Learn how to locate your iMessage archive in this tutorial. On your Mac, select Messages and then Preferences from the drop-down menu. Make sure that the option that says “Save history when chats are closed” is checked under General. Using your Finder, open a folder by selecting Go from the menu bar and clicking Go to folder.
How do you go to the first message in iMessage on Mac?
Using iMessage, you may access your archived messages. Go to Messages on your Mac, and then select Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears. Make sure that the option labeled “Save history when chats are closed” is checked under the General heading.. Select Go from the menu bar and then Select Go to Folder in your Finder to begin browsing.