On your Mac, you may change the desktop picture (background).
- System Preferences may be found under the Apple menu. Select Desktop Screen Saver from the drop-down menu. Select a folder of photographs on the left side of the Desktop window, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
What is the best way to customize the backdrop on my desktop?
- Changing the desktop backdrop on your computer may be accomplished in a variety of ways, and whatever method you choose may be dependent on the version of Windows that you are using. In order to make the change on any version of Windows, simply open your favorite digital image, right-click on it, and then select Set as desktop wallpaper from the context menu that appears.
- 1 How do I customize my Mac desktop?
- 2 How do I change my desktop background?
- 3 Why did my desktop background change Mac?
- 4 How do I change the theme on my Mac?
- 5 How do I put a picture on my Mac desktop folder?
- 6 Where are the Mac wallpapers taken?
- 7 Why does my desktop background go black Mac?
- 8 How do I change my desktop picture on Mac Catalina?
- 9 Why is my desktop background different?
- 10 How do I customize my MacBook Air desktop?
- 11 How do you set a wallpaper on a MacBook Pro?
How do I customize my Mac desktop?
Customize the background image on your Mac’s desktop.
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then select Desktop & Screen Saver, and finally pick Desktop on your Mac. Please open the Desktop pane on my behalf. Locate the following image or color on the left: Select the image you wish to use from the drop-down menu on the right.
How do I change my desktop background?
On most PCs, you can change your background by selecting Personalize from the context menu when you right-click the desktop. Then pick Desktop Background from the drop-down menu. Default settings will display the photos that were pre-installed with your machine.
Why did my desktop background change Mac?
Some of the Mac wallpapers are dynamic, which means that they will vary depending on the time of day, when a specific event occurs, such as a restart or boot, after a specific time interval, and so on and so forth. As a result, it’s possible that you have a dynamic wallpaper collection.
How do I change the theme on my Mac?
On your Mac, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > General, and then click on the General tab. Choose from three different settings: light, dark, and auto. Choose from three different settings: light, dark, and auto.
- Light has a uniformly bright look that does not vary. Darkness is defined as a dark look that does not alter. During the day, Auto automatically adjusts the look from light to dark to suit the situation.
How do I put a picture on my Mac desktop folder?
Your photos: To access your photos, click the arrow next to Photos. If your photographs are in the Pictures folder or another folder, pick a folder by clicking the arrow next to Folders and then selecting it. To add a folder, first click the Add button, then go to and choose the folder, and last click the Choose button.
Where are the Mac wallpapers taken?
As a result, the three set off on a tour that brought them to Death Valley to photograph the Mojave wallpaper, the Alabama Hills to photograph the Sierra wallpaper, North Lake to photograph the High Sierra wallpaper, and Yosemite National Park to photograph both El Capitan and Yosemite.
Why does my desktop background go black Mac?
A black screen on a Mac computer can occur for a variety of reasons, but the most usual causes include issues with system upgrades or updates, as well as any form of problem occurring while the machine is resuming from sleep or standby mode.
How do I change my desktop picture on Mac Catalina?
Select Desktop & Screen Saver from the Apple menu, System Preferences, and then click OK. Select Desktop from the drop-down menu. Locate the image you wish to use and click on it. If you want to utilize a photo that came with your Mac, choose Desktop Pictures from the drop-down menu underneath Apple.
Why is my desktop background different?
This is due to the sync settings being in the wrong state. To sync your settings, go to start – settings – accounts and choose sync your settings. You have the option to turn it off from there.
How do I customize my MacBook Air desktop?
How to Customize the Desktop of Your MacBook Pro
- Keep your desktop icons in the order that you choose. Select ViewShow View Options from the Finder’s main menu. Choose a backdrop that you like. Right-click anywhere on your desktop that is currently unoccupied. The list of peripherals and network connections on your system will be shown. Select FinderPreferences from the menu bar.
How do you set a wallpaper on a MacBook Pro?
System Preferences allows you to change the background image of your desktop.
- System Preferences may be accessed using the Apple menu. Select Desktop and Screen Saver from the drop-down menu. Select a folder of photographs on the left side of the Desktop window, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.